The Coca-Cola Company
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading strategic sourcing events using market analysis, strategy development, negotiation / competitive bidding events, supplier selection and supplier management. This individual will understand business requirements and achieve operational alignment with AFRICA OU while insuring adherence to “Platform Services” KPIs, guidelines, processes, supplier management, and the overall global logistics procurement strategies for the Coca-Cola system.
The position manages a segment of the AFRICA OU spend. It will support the Procurement Director to unbundle inbound direct materials, which includes ingredients, coffee, tea, juices, packaging materials and other OU requirements. This also includes collaboration with key internal Company’s stakeholders and external supplier/carrier executives through a robust Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program.
- Global Product/Service Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of and capability in dealing with global products and services.
- Strategic Sourcing: Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies by commodity, product, service to ensure that formal supplier agreements activate the elements of the sourcing strategy and support delineated performance standards. Includes the ability to create selection criteria to qualify suppliers for the bid process.
- Advancing the Customer Relationship: Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer. Includes the ability to actively listen and engage in conversation with customers to uncover relevant information, resources and solutions.
- Vendor Management: The ability to evaluate and ensure that vendor performance meets or exceeds defined performance standards and adheres to overall company policies and procedures.
- Contracting: Knowledge of principles involved in contract law to ensure supplier agreements are appropriately conceived and executed, eliminating potential risk of unlawful or anti-competitive activity. Includes the ability to read, understand and assess the impact of legal documents.
- Best Practices: Knowledge of procurement, industry and business best practices to guide thought leadership and ensure effective procurement strategies. Includes the ability to recognize value creation opportunities within the supply chain.
- System Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of TCCS global and regional procurement organizations, strategies and priorities to ensure alignment of procurement activity.
- Negotiation: Exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties’ support and acceptance; striving for outcomes that are a win-win for all parties involved.
- Network/Resources: Ability to develop diverse network/resources to leverage “best in class” knowledge, approaches and processes.
- Cross Functional Relationships: Knowledge of and ability to articulate to senior management the benefits of supporting cross-functional objectives to achieve the business plan.
- Bottler/Business Unit Plans & Strategies: Knowledge of information used and ability to evaluate bottler/business unit’s business plans and strategies to develop procurement strategies that enable delivery of those goals and objectives.
- Company Standards & Specifications: Knowledge of Company standards and specifications relative to commodities, products and services and the ability to effectively communicate standards and specifications to supply base.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or equivalent curriculum. Master’s degree preferred
- Related Work Experience: 7-10+ years of demonstrated progression with multinational FMCG company
- The Coca-Cola Company System experience is highly preferred due to the complexities and challenges of the role
- Strong communication skills
- Proven negotiation and influence skills
- Exposure to new technologies and trends related to Logistics
- People management experience
- Travel required: up to 50%
Our Purpose And Growth Culture
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.