Category Insights Manager
The Consumer Insight Manager is responsible for the management & professionalization of Consumer insights, analysis, research projects and related activities. You will also work closely with various departments to drive and manage activities that will contribute towards building a more focused consumer-driven organisation.
What We Ask
- Manage and propose right business analysis to support business plans via continuous and adhoc studies
- Ensure Consumer’s needs, desires and motivations are being understood and acted on with right business plans
- Ensure and manage the business intelligence of competitor brands & manufacturers at granular levels
- Management of research calendar & budget
- Undertake all other duties or responsibilities assigned by Consumer and Shopper Insight Manager.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in any field. Degree in Marketing, Research, social science/sciences, statistics or economics a plus.
- Minimum 3 years working in the market research industry. Client-side experience or FMCG experience a plus.
- Analytical skills, extensive knowledge of research methodologies, interpersonal & communication skills, project management, , knowledge of principles and practical application in market research, deep knowledge, experience in the field of consumer behaviour and product sensory.
What We Offer
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it.
The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn
- Responsible in ensuring the development & generation of consumer insights through clean & accurate data
- Responsible in ensuring the development, generation, storage, & dissemination of consumer insights
- Responsible for the professionalization of consumer research processes in order to ensure for accurate & efficient generation of consumer insights.
- Responsible in ensuring relevant data sources are available to stakeholders
- Responsible in ensuring delivery of accurate data through clear briefs to agencies or through accurate methods of churning out data.
- Planning research calendar for the year & corresponding budget
- Ensuring that research costs are kept to appropriate levels to ensure optimal ROI
- Ensuring that all essential research projects planned can be completed within the year & within budget
- Maintain strong working relationship with agencies
- Managing risks in dealing with vendors
- Ensuring that objectives of stakeholders are clearly translated to agencies & in turn, understood by them
- Able to manage significant project through the life cycle
- Utilizing resources of team, both subordinates & peers, in order to complete tasks at hand
- Managing development & deliverables of subordinate (Research officer)
- Coaching subordinates, peers, & superiors on (total company) on how to enhance market research skills e.g. running data, interpreting data, data acquisition, insights generation, analysis flow, etc.
- Ensure compliance to company policies, internal code of conduct and external regulatory policies where applicable