Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
Google Africa is about accelerating the development on Internet in the region and build Google’s long term business perspectives. We achieve this through initiatives strongly based on local partners and that aim to improve access for the next wave of user, bring online content and develop an open and viable ecosystem while positioning Google for the long term. As part of the team, your work will revolve around three key areas: new business development (sourcing, planning, consulting with new clients); Internal cross-functional alignment (supporting new initiatives, rolling out new products etc); Strategic business guidance and insights (internal stakeholder communication, representing Google at external events etc). In line with the above, you will be expected to spend 20% of your time on regional data analysis. This will involve gathering relevant data to conduct business analysis and provide recommendations on improved reporting infrastructure (e.g. SSA/EM dashboards). You will model data in order to create quantitative models including forecast, operational, financial, and statistical models of business dynamics and finally deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Work closely with SSA Country Leads and Business Development team to achieve objectives and key results for the region in addition to developing a strong understanding of Google products, strategy, and values.
- Build and leverage relationships across Google globally with a focus on the business development, partnerships, product, marketing and PR teams.
- Identify new business opportunities and assist the process working with partnerships, legal and compliance teams.
- Develop clear understanding of and assist in the alignment of partner and Google objectives as part of discussions to ensure longevity of partnerships.
- Shape and implement other priority projects that could involve product launches, PR or marketing activities, leading Google product training sessions, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Previous work experience in Internet, media, technology or consulting environment
- Experience analyzing data and creating reports.
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, implementation, legal, finance, marketing, etc.
- Experience working in Africa.
- Excellent partner communication skills and presentation abilities, including comfort in front of a large audience.
- Ability to perform research and assist with execution on several time-sensitive projects at once in a fast paced environment with minimal direction.
- Spreadsheets, statistical, quantitative modeling and forecasting skills.
The Business Operations and Strategy team at Google plays a critical role in defining and driving strategic, operational, and organizational improvements across the company. Also known as “BizOps”, the group operates like an internal consulting group working on a range of critical projects and issues. From creating strategies for promoting growth of our products like YouTube, Chrome, and Mobile, to engineering prioritization, to partner development and strategy work in emerging markets such as Africa and India, the BizOps team is at the forefront of Google’s fast-moving strategic priorities, tackling operational challenges and enabling innovation.
For more information on this and other jobs in West Africa, take a look at jobs.westafricancareers.co.uk