FreeBalance is the global provider of integrated Public Financial Management (PFM) reform and Government Resource Planning (GRP) technology solutions.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of managing an implementation of FreeBalance software solutions and advisory services using solid project management principles and applying technology to government business operations. Key to the Project Manager position is the ability to demonstrate previous experience with implementation, project management and working with key stakeholders.
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Vice President, Services.
- Management of software solution and services project implementations
- Maintain strong and positive relationship with government and other relevant stakeholders
- Use effective leadership skills to direct all phases of programs and associated projects from inception through completion that includes alignment to project profitability
- Plan and execute the programs/projects to meet the contractual obligations of the contract, controlling the project scope, schedule and budget
- Follow through invoices and ensure timely payments due to FreeBalance
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope, including meeting the project schedules and WBS tasks, submitting quality deliverables and maintaining the project responsibility matrix
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements and utilize resources accordingly
- Manage risk and build appropriate mitigation strategies in all aspects of working with the customer
- Work closely with customers to provide status updates to senior officials including project steering committee
- Effectively apply the FreeBalance methodology and enforce project standards
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities
- Manage subcontractors and associated deliveries for compliance to the contract being executed
- Manage program execution to include internal/external process improvement
- Provide mentoring for project management best practices and techniques
- Manage all out of scope requirements through the application of monetized Change Orders
- Identify opportunities within the existing customer to increase the FreeBalance Government Resource Planning Solution footprint both from proposing additional modules and/or services to generate additional revenue
- Must have University Degree in Business Administration, Financial Management, Public Accounting, Economics or equivalent.
- Masters in Public Management, Financial Management or Information Systems/Technology considered an asset.
- Must have a professional designation in Project Management with a strong background of executing programs/projects in the Public Sector.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Project Management leading teams in implementing Financial Management and/or Human Resources/Payroll Systems
- Experience in the creation and execution of change management related to Financial Management and Human Resources/Payroll Systems considered an asset.
- Demonstrate experience in increasing revenue in existing accounts.
- Demonstrate experience of selling concepts and solutions to customers to increase the revenue of projects.
- Demonstrate experience writing proposals to support additional revenue generation in prior projects.
- Strong presentation skills and experience with executive-level communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of designated groups based on country legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We will accommodate needs under respective labour laws throughout all stages of the recruitment process.